Friday, November 15, 2013

Slow Cooked Chicken Tacos


As I mentioned in my previous BBQ chicken post, I made slow cooked chicken tacos!  I've been eating tacos with the chicken just cut into pieces and sometimes it just seemed like the pieces were too big but I was too lazy to chop them any smaller.  After I made the BBQ chicken, it crossed my mind to make shredded chicken for tacos, like carnitas.  It turned out well but I will try a few things differently next time.  This is what I used this time:
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 packet + 1 tbsp of McCormick Taco Seasoning



and that's it!  These "crock pot" recipes are so easy!  I cooked it on the stove on low for 8 hours and it was perfect, shredded very easy.  When I tasted it though after shredding, it was a bit bland as the water and liquid from the chicken diluted the seasoning so I added another tablespoon of seasoning and mixed it well so all the chicken would be seasoned.  That's one thing about shredding after the 8 hours; the outside has been seasoned but not all the meat in the inside, so I left it simmer for a bit longer.  Next time I'll try adding less liquid as I thought the chicken should be covered in liquid but after thinking about it, I guess it don't need to be.  I will continue to add just the one packet of seasoning unless it needs more upon tasting.  It was really juicy and delicious and the texture was great.  I ate it as tacos last night and brought some to work for lunch but I'm thinking tomorrow I'll eat it on nachos!  I really how versatile the shredded chicken is.  I've made it BBQ and with taco seasoning so far and both of those recipes can be used in so many dishes.  I'm having a lot of fun with these recipes and have so many ideas for the near future (thank you Pinterest.)

If you want to see what I'm planning next, here is my dinner recipe board and also my general Pinterest page.  It has a lot of DIY natural body product pins, as well as toddler crafts and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment