Friday, September 6, 2013

Sign Language Update (9-3-15)

For the past two-ish weeks, Robbie had been refusing to sign milk!  He would sign "more" and when you tried to get him to say milk he would get very irritated.  It was frustrating because he's signing "more" for everything and I want him to be able to tell me distinctly want he wants.  Finally last night he signed it and did again today.  He'll still sign "more" first but will sign milk when prompted.
He now signs (including his older signs):
  • Milk (also signed while "babbling" in sign)
  • More
  • Food/ eat
  • bug
  • horse
  • dog (he also woofs!)
  • apple (when showed how)
  • cracker (again, when showed how)
  • (maybe) dada 
With Dada, he'd been rubbing the back of his head almost like his sign for horse.  I'm not sure if he's even signing a word in particular, but when we show him how to sign "dada," his result is similar to the head rubbing.  He also has been patting his chest but I'm not sure if he is signing a word at all.  It might be dog!
I love sign language!  When he signs "more" to me in the middle of the night while still asleep, wanting it nurse, it literally makes me smile.  I can't wait until he learns even more signs so we can communicate even more easily.
The signs we're working on now:
  • water
  • mama
  • dada
  • thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment