Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Condolences to Julie

I'm writing this post with tears in my eyes for Julie at the Progressive Parent. Her one year old son passed away this morning from what they think was SIDS. I don't know how many times I've thought to myself, phew, we made it through the SIDS risk age. As far as I know he was a happy, healthy, newly turned one year old that passed away in his sleep.
I am spooning my napping almost- toddler that I nursed to sleep in a bed at my grandparents' house, where I'm visiting my dying grandmother. He is warm and cozy and beautiful. So was Patrick. I cannot imagine losing this precious gift the world has given me. He is a part of me and my husband that brings joy to my heart all day, everyday. It's days like these that make me forget how tired I am and how many times I woke to nurse him last night because my baby woke last night and this morning. I should never take that for granted.
This also makes me even more confident in my choice to gentle parent and to listen to my baby's cries as communication. I'm not guaranteed a child to wake up next to so if that means nursing my sweetie back to sleep for the next two years, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment